Seeking a challenging assignment in an organization that provides me ample opportunity to explore
out the niche for personal, professional as well as organizational goals
A dedicated professional with 15years + experience in teaching and training. Have taught a vast cross section of candidates from school kids to brilliant engineers and hard core professionals. My forte is polishing communicative and writing skills of students and preparing them for competitive exams as MBA, GMAT, GRE etc. Teaching English language and literature .is a passion. I have always aspired todeliver learning using ‘out of box’ techniques through which an individual evolves, enjoys and enhances himself than viewing it as a dull and drab compulsion.
• Write my own blog under the name ‘New Beginings’. Link is sumitakapoor08.blogspot.in.
• Authored two books-
o ‘Grammar for IELTS’ – A comprehensive book on grammar for students who want to migrate abroad
o ‘Speaking for IELTS’ – Published by Modern Publishers, Jalandhar
• 40 hours of Grammar written for Punjab InfoTech
• Designed various modules (20 hrs, 40 hrs, 60 hrs) of IELTS for Hero Mind Mine
• Created a workbook and the entire pedagogy to train students for Group discussions, personal interviews etc at Chitkara University
• Recorded modules on various topics for Directorate of Haryana Government as a part of satellite education programme (EDUSAT)
• Taught in various schools and gave coaching to Graduate students in English and Economics for 5 yrs
• Done freelance writing for Femina, Deccan Herald and other Indian Air force magazines and journals
• Anchored many parties, shows and contests as ‘Masters of Ceremonies’ in Indian Air Force and various workplaces
• Worked as compere in All India Radio in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan and Chandigarh. Conducted women’s and children’s programmes.
• Attended workshop on ‘Building better relationships’ conducted by Dale Carnegie Institute, New Delhi
• Conducted workshops on- ‘Wining and dining’ in style, and social graces
• Taught English at two levels –ESL and advanced levels to enable studentcompetitions.Handleded batches of 20-30 students.
• Mentoring students for Essay Writing, Group Discussions, Personal Interviews, Case Studies , writing Statement of Purpose for various competitive exams. Ensured that majority of students overcame their personal hitches and cleared that particular round.
• Guiding students in verbal section for CAT, GMAT, GRE, CLAT, IPM, BPO, CSAT exams. 30% students got more than 700 score. Maximum score achieved was 770 which is highest in the region.
• Conducted various innovative workshops on topics like Vocabulary, Grammar,Para Jumbles and Reading Comprehension.
• Organized activities like caption contest, language carnivals, communication skills workshops and essay writing competitions.
• Counseling, motivating, mentoring students regarding choice of colleges, and overcoming individual grey areas.
• Outlined a blue print for conducting various workshops by the faculty on topics like team building, motivation, leadership etc.
• Had a 100 percentile scoring student every year.
• Trained listening assessor for Qualifications and Assessments International, UK for age group of 9-14 years.
• Done content writing for reading and listening modules for young adults (age groups 15-18) based on Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) guidelines
• Taught both Graduate (English Honors) and Post Graduate classes.
• Ensured that the teaching content and methods of delivery are in accordance with university standards.
• Handpicked by university and principal to assess and mark the answer sheets of students of final university exams.
• Acted as facilitator in conducting activities like quiz, debates and essay writing at intercollege level.
• Engaged in examination duties, i.e. setting of question paper, marking and moderation.
• Responsible for the quality of teaching delivered and, as necessary, seek further training, guidance and skills development to ensure that standards are maintained and improved
• Conducted online classes from Chandigarh to students in Bangalore
• Trained students in verbal section of CAT and GMAT. Worked in ESL as a senior trainer.
• Prepared and delivered content sessions on topics relating to economy, social and cultural issues, case studies etc
• Conceptualized workshops on topics like communication skills, challenging areas of CAT exam, vocabulary, grammar etc.
• Conducted and participated in teachers training and orientation program for in house and outstation trainers.
GRG CONSULTANTS, CHANDIGARH
Freelance Writing Assignments
• Certificate course on psychometrics from Psytech, UK,Attended
• CELTA certification of Cambridge University completed in July 2016.
• IELTS score---7.5 (Academic)
1. Ms. Dipti Gupta-Dean International Studies, Punjab University, India-+919815602090-
Address-Department of English, Sector 25, Chandigarh-160014, India
2. Ms. Sangeet Jaura-Associate Vice President-Office of academic support, +919876047895
Address-#552,Sector 2, Panchkula-134112, Haryana
3. Mr. P.C.Reddy-Country Head (academics)- Triumphant Institute of Education (T.I.M.E)+919866534412
Address-45, First Cross Road, Vayupuri, Secundrabad-500094, Andhra Pradesh